World Budgerigar Organisation (WBO)
The aims of the WBO are laid down in its Constitution and can be summarised as:
- To bring together representatives of member countries.
- To serve as a unified international advisory organisation in promoting common standards for the budgerigar fancy throughout the world.
- To support and encourage the free movement of budgerigar breeders and budgerigars across international borders in order to improve the breeding, exhibiting and judging of budgerigars.
- To assist in the protection of the interests of members of the organisation.
- To assist in the progress of scientific knowledge by the accumulation of data and literature and the distribution thereof amongst members of the organisation.
- To reward any work of outstanding merit with prizes or other marks of recognition.